To upgrade RAM, or not to upgrade RAM?

Reaction score
I have already decided on getting a 2.0GHz macbook because of the superdrive. But Iwas also thinking, should I upgrade the RAM? is it cheaper if I upgrade it when I buy it or should I just wait and buy one from another manufacturer? I've seen how easy it is to install the ram aswell..

Is it easy to find the exact RAM needed for a macbook? I'm afraid of buying the wrong kind of RAM and wasting my money because i'm not very computer-oriented on the uhh motherboard stuff.

Sorry if this is making no sense, but i'm new to upgrading my computers and such.

M

MacLife

Upgrade to the 1G trough apple, I just got my macbook black and it's runnin fast as **** out of the box, no headaches nothing it's a 100$ more

O

ordovice

It really does depend on your level of comfort doing the upgrade. From a pur price advantage, I'd say buy memory online and do the upgrade yourself. For about $170, you can get 2GB of Corsair memory, which is a heck of a lot cheaper than the $450 Apple wants.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.