MS Office 2011 for Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMAC & MacBook Pro
Just purchased Office 2011. I have an iMac and a recently purchased MacBook Pro. Can I load Office on both or do I have to purchase another copy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Short answer, you need to purchase a 2nd copy. All commercial Microsoft software that is not under what is called an Enterprise license (add a couple 0's to your purchase price) is a single install only. There are a few exceptions, like "Family Pack" promotions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Not quite true, you can install on a desktop and a laptop if you upgrade to a 2 pack

http://www.officeformachelp.com/office/licensing/eula-for-office-for-mac-2011/#section_2

2. INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS.
One Copy per Device. You may install one copy of the software on one device. That device is the “licensed device.”
Licensed Device. You may only use one copy of the software on the licensed device at a time.
For Office for Mac Home and Business 2011 2 Pack:
License Rights: For software marked “Office for Mac Home and Business 2011 2 Pack”, you may install one copy of the software on the licensed device and one additional copy on a portable device for use by the single primary user of the licensed device.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Did you read my post? All of it? As in the "Few Exceptions like Family Pack"?

The two install bit isn't an exception though, it's standard in the EULA. It's designed for, and anticipates, a desktop and mobile system. As do Adobe products. It's actually a really common licensing scheme these days.

Now, you can't RUN both simultaneously... and yes, it DOES halt the second instance if you're running one already.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.