Ipad2 WiFi damage?

Reaction score
I have an ipad2, and have had it since the day it was released a little more than a year ago, it has served me well, and i have only had to repair the digitizer glass once. Accidents definitely happen, and though the ipad2 has been rugged, i am experiencing a new issue with my WiFi.

A couple of things to note. I do not think this is a router issue, as i have an ipad1, an iphone, and several ipods that do not have this problem. Also, my 3G connection appears to work flawlessly still.

My problem is that I am not ale to maintain a consistent wifi connection unless i am within several feet (like less than 10) from the router. When comparing to other ipads, and to how mine seemed to work only weeks ago, the signal is extremely poor. It seems as if when i depress on random points aout the perimiter of the ipad the signal sometimes temporarily improves, but not always. As you can imagine, i am now chewing through 3G data without reliable wifi service.

Please help! Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Always the newest iPad
Take it in, mine has never lost wifi....ever

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Maybe when the fixed the screen they messed up the wifi antenna because the antennas are right under the glass.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
i have had this issue also....when i cook in the kitchen (open plan house also but slightly L shaped) and watching movies, the VPN and WIFI drops out constantly....

As the movie is on in the background, it is not a massive problem, but still, the problem exists on on my iPad2...only

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.