Apple lightning connectors do not work

Reaction score
I used to be able to watch Netflix and Hulu using my iPad 3 and either an AV or HDMI adaptor. Now with the new lightning cable and iPad air, nothing seems to work. Worse yet, Apples own adaptors do not fit when their new covers are on. Moving backwards Apple! Anyone with solutions to using iPad Air to watch stuff on a hotel TV?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
The lightning end of the official AV adapter is identical to the charging cable. I've had no issues fitting it with the smart case on.

As far as the video streaming goes, the app/content provider has to support it.

I can't comment on HULU (we don't get it in the UK) but Netflix works fine. There's apparently a bug in the app that Netflix are aware of that's affecting some:
Netflix av bug

OP
S
Reaction score
I tried the adaptor and it did work with the smart case. The 30 pin adaptor did not though, but no matter, I have to use the lightning to AV anyway. Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.