Errors when trying to install Mountain Lion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
I have been trying to install Mountain Lion as an upgrade on my main partition, Macintosh HD, ever since it was released but I keep receiving the same error every time.

img2012072700030copy.jpg

I have tried installing directly from the Macintosh HD partition, from a different partition, and by burning it to a 8 GB USB drive using both the Disk Utility method as well as the Lion Disc Creator or whatever it is called. I also tried using Transmac on Windows to burn Mountain Lion to the USB drive, but unfortunately it wasn't working.

Then I tried something different. I removed the two other partitions I had (one was for developer preview version of Mountain Lion and the other was a Boot Camp partition) and now I only have one; however, when I tried upgrading it directly from the HDD, it gave me the same error above, but as I am trying to install it from the USB drive now, this is what it looks like:

img2012072800031copy.jpg

It's been sitting like that for about 30 minutes or so now. Should I just restart the computer or leave it for a while longer? And what am I doing wrong exactly? I was able to install Mountain Lion Developer Preview, albeit on a different partition, just fine using the USB drive, but not the main partition. I was also able to install the final version of Mountain Lion on the other partition, but not the main one.

Am I supposed to do a clean install and not upgrade now?

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Well, it was a long, hard, and grueling process but I finally overcame the problem.

What I did was create another partition, move all the necessary data to it, and install Mountain Lion on it. Then I logged on it, opened up Disk Utility, formatted Macintosh HD, and installed Mountain Lion to it (fresh install) directly from the Macintosh HD 2 partition.

Afterwards I moved my important data back to Macintosh HD and deleted the other partition.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.