• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Sequence frame size in FCE

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
How do I make the frame size in a new sequence smaller? I have a video already and need to add text to it, but it makes a huge frame size that's bigger than my video, I want it the same size as my video so I don't have to enlarge the video losing quality..

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
No expert, but here's what I found: To start you need to click on the small “A” button at the bottom of the viewer and choose Text This will bring up a text window in the viewer with some sample text in it. To enter your own text for a title click on the Control tab and enter your own text instead ofthe sample text. You can also alter the font, colour size etc here.

W

Wapa18

sKaD said:
How do I make the frame size in a new sequence smaller? I have a video already and need to add text to it, but it makes a huge frame size that's bigger than my video, I want it the same size as my video so I don't have to enlarge the video losing quality..

Thanks

from my experience, if it shows the video to be smaller than the canvas frame, then it has already made it the largest it can be without losing quality. you have to either leave it the size it is (which i know is really small) or lose quality by enlarging it to fit the canvas window.

OP
sKaD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
I can't shrink the canvas window?

Also, Whiteshark, when you choose the little A at the bottom, choose "text" it brings it in a new window, then you have to drag it to the Sequence window (wont let you drag it onto the movie file).

So it brings me back to the problem of having too big of a sequence window/frame/canvas or whatnot. I don't want to enlarge the video, just leave it the same size it's at now but add the text to it.

It really shouldn't be this hard :( I even tried iMovie, but it only lets me add text before or after the clip.

W

Wapa18

so u do want the video to be small in the frame? cuz that is how it will look on a tv screen once u're done with it. it'll be a small frame with black around it. as long as u know that's what it will be, then yeah what witeshark said will work. after u've typed in whatever text you want and formatted it the way you want, then just switch back to the "video" tab in the viewer, click anywhere in that frame, and drag it down to the timeline onto a new track.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.