Parallels: How to switch Fullscreen OS's?

Reaction score
Hey, I just installed Parallels on my macbook and I was wondering how people are switching their fullscreen osx to xp using the screen sensors? (ie tapping the side to switch from os to os) and what are the function keys to switch them? thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I switch (full Screen) between OS X, Ubuntu, and XP using Parallels and VirtueDesktops. I have the hot buttons set as (+) to move 1 desktop forward and (-) to move 1 desktop back...

Reaction score
By default, Parallels toggles the guest OS out of full screen mode with ALT+Enter, I believe.

OP
P
Reaction score
mmmm not quite what i was looking for, I mean when you switch between OS's in fullscreen mode (both in fullscreen) kind of like the rotating cube and switching between both os's seemlessly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
See the post above yours...

It really isn't Switching between OS's, it just looks that way... VirtueDesktops gives you multiple Desktops. So you have your 1st desktop set as normal... then you rotate to the 2nd Desktop and Open Parallels in XP, click the "Full Screen" button on Parallels VM... you now have what is essentially XP on the 2nd Desktop... Now you just use the hot key to spin (or what eve animation you have chosen) the cube. Which is what it sounds like you are wanting. In order to have a 3rd OS (ubuntu for me), you have to have another Parallels Icon in you Dock and repeat the process to allow you to "spin" between 3 OS's. Does that help?

OP
P
Reaction score
ohhhh, yeah that helps a lot. I thought Parallels itself had that feature built in. k I'll try my luck with VirtueDesktop

Reaction score
Parallels does have that feature to switch between the host OS and the guest OS. See above.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
He is talking about the Rotating Screen between the Fullscreen OS's.. you know the "bells and whistles"

Reaction score
I know ... Parallels does it. When you go into Full Screen mode with XP and then hit Alt+Enter, it does the cool Front Row-like screen rotation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
But that screen rotation is just eye candy to go into full screen mode. It isn't the multiple desktop thing that the OP is asking for. He probably saw a video for the Smackbook feature and wants to know how he can emulate it. Which is why he needs VirtueDesktops to put Windows on one desktop and have Mac OS X on the other(s).

VirtueDesktops also has an option for the smackbook feature that lets you smack your Macbook and the screen rotates.

OP
P
Reaction score
Kash and RIDE thanks for the input, thats exactly what i wanted to do, smack my smackbook haha. I got it to work and well, its cool now but just a feature to show off. Only been a month since i got my macbook and dayum was it worth every penny

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.