Mounting screws for Macbook Pro's hard disc

Reaction score
Hello,

my original 1TB Western Digital Scorpio Blue internal crashed, so I replaced it with a new one.. BUT the new one doesn't have the 4 small mounting screws on the side that mount it to the plastic brackets of my 15'' Macbook Pro. (if you are not sure of which screws I'm talking about look at the "IMPORTANT" part of step 6 on these instructions:MacBook Pro (17-inch, Early 2009) How to install a replacement hard drive.)

Do you know a place online where I can buy these type of screws? Is it too dangerous to put the drive without the screws?

Thank you in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Not cheap, but they are out there...

MacBook Pro 17" Screw Set - iFixit

ETA: what happened to the screws that were in your original hard disk? Most people just remove those and install them on the new drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You're supposed to remove them from the old drive and screw them into the new drive

OP
M
Reaction score
The old drive was under warranty so I sent it to WD to replace it...but I did not remove the screws since I was afraid that it might void the warranty...

Thanks for the link XJ but on the description of the product it states "all screws except those from hard drive".. so I doubt that they are included...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
The old drive was under warranty so I sent it to WD to replace it...but I did not remove the screws since I was afraid that it might void the warranty...

Thanks for the link XJ but on the description of the product it states "all screws except those from hard drive".. so I doubt that they are included...

Sorry about that, I only scanned the link. I'd call an Applestore or Apple Support and just explain the situation. I'm sure they are available.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.