iPhone 4 won't connect to Wi-Fi anymore

Reaction score
I've had my wireless network setup for the last year and haven't had any problems with my phone picking up the signal until last week. I don't believe its the router since all of my other devices still work with no problem. I've "renewed the lease" and used "forget this network" in hopes that this would resolve the problem, but still no luck. Any suggestions?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Have you tried to connect to other wireless networks with the iPhone? If those don't work either, looks like hardware failure on the antenna or related parts..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
I've had my wireless network setup for the last year and haven't had any problems with my phone picking up the signal until last week. I don't believe its the router since all of my other devices still work with no problem. I've "renewed the lease" and used "forget this network" in hopes that this would resolve the problem, but still no luck. Any suggestions?

Daft question, - just checking is WIFI switched on in the phone settings?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Very bizarre, but my iPhone 4 began doing this as well. I've been using it with my old Linksys and new Airport Express for a while and then out of the blue it stops connecting to the network.

I have a private and guest network setup on my Airport Extreme, the iPhone 4 with the WiFi turned on will gladly find these two networks. Both the networks are secured with WPA2 Personal security and entering the correct password yields a "Incorrect password for network 'name'" for both the networks.

My iMac, wife's Windows 7 Dell laptop & Droid 3 phone, and my iPad 2 don't have any problem getting on the private or guest networks with the right password.

The fact that my iPhone 4 can scan and find the networks should indicate that the antenna and associated WiFi components are in enough of a working order to get connected, but it is strange that the valid password is rejected as being incorrect only on this device.

I haven't sync'ed my iPhone for a while now so doing it now in case that clears anything up. Will also do a backup and full restore to see if that makes anything happy..

Does anyone have any theories on this?

UPDATE: Did some more searching on Google and YouTube videos and one of them suggested that resetting the network settings could potentially fix this, so I tried it and bingo! I have WiFi working again. So Settings->General->Reset->Reset Network Settings did the trick for me..

JDD

Reaction score
Simple fix that worked for me

I reset my wireless router and it works again.

I had the same problem: for no apparent reason, one day my iphone4 could no longer connect to my home wifi, but it connected to other wifi locations fine, and other devices connected to my home wifi fine. It was just the iphone4/home wifi combination that wouldn't work. Once I reset the wireless router, it connected again.

I hope this helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.