Restoring Boot Camp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5" Core i5 Quad - Mac Mini c2d - iPad Pro - iPhone 11 - ATV3
Hi All

I have trailed the length and breadth of this section looking for an answer, and while I can find posts that are similar, there is one or two extra points I need to know.

I removed the Boot Camp partition from my hard drive a while ago. I bought a copy of Parallels in order to run windows, and that works fine. The trouble is that an editing programme (windows) that I use cannot detect my camcorder connected by FireWire, through Parallels. I have to import the footage via OS X then import it into windows. I can then edit the files, but cannot render them down using Parallels - the progamme just will not respond.

Now my question ! - Can I reinstall Boot Camp in Tiger even though the assistant has expired. I still have the original drivers .DMG disc I made when I originally installed it....do I just need to turn the clock back while I do this, to before 30th September 2007. Will it still work?????

I really don't want to shell out for Leopard just to get Boot Camp.

Thanks

Philip

OP
Darker Times
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16GHZ C2D,120 GB HDD 3GB Ram
i think your out of luck, and you may need to buy leopard, would be a good idea anyway always useful to have the latest software for a machine, aslong as its not bugged up to the eye balls.

OP
Darker Times
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for that Macwillis.

I took the plunge anyway, and turned the system clock back.
Worked a treat!...I now have a new windows install.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.