Connecting Iphone Tethering to bootcamp windows xp with bluetooth.

Reaction score
Can someone please help me. I am trying to connect my iphone VIA bluetooth to my Mac running bootcamp with windows XP on it. I have no problem pairing the phone VIA bluetooth and can connect using join bluetooth PAN networks but the connection is EXTREMELY SLOW. It shouldn't be because I am on a 3G network and have very fast internet using the Iphone tethering in USB mode.

I also tried going into Bluetooth devices then Iphone properties and checking the services available for the phone but it doesn't show any (like networking). I've looked all over the internet and can't find any info or someone with the same problem. Do I have to do something with my bluetooth drivers in Bootcamp? If so where are the drivers.....I can't find them.

Appreciate anyone who can help
Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
Best of luck with that. You're going to need to find someone with an iPhone who lives outside of the US. I don't know about Canada. Rogers might allow tethering. They might not. But unfortunately none of us USA iPhone owners can help :(

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
About all us in the US can do with Bluetooth are headsets and hands free dialing devices. Works in my car fabulously for both hands free voice dialing and the iPod.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It is a shame that AT&T has not given in to tethering. My T-Mobile contract was up this month and I was hot to buy an iPhone with a two year AT&T plan (especially since the price has been lowered). But with no tethering allowed, that kind of killed it for me. Decided to stick with T-Mobile on a no contract until AT&T gets off their hard-head attitude.

Any rumors as to when that will be?

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
In the year of our Lord 2263.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
You know I have been thinking about this , and the reason they wouldn't give in before was to save their network from being over run but now they are allowing the ipad so maybe they will allow us soon ?

Clay

Reaction score
Don't hold your breath. And when they do, they will charge more for it. On top of the iPad 3G fee, on top of your iPhone data charges. And you won't be able to tether your iPad to your iPhone, either. This will hardly be a panacea.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.