safari waits to load some websites

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
AddThis is a tool (and an annoying one) that allows users to share content on a website. If the developer of the page you're viewing uses it, you'll have to wait. However, if you're using an ad blocking extension, you might be able to add AddThis. Doing this though will disable the AddThis sharing tool and I don't know if that's of any value to you.

OP
A
Reaction score
Addthis

Oh thanks. Sharing of content - I do not understand - sharing by me or others. Is it a monitoring tool? Anyway The wait is for a longtime and looks endless. I have read Adblock is a tool that Can help - Is that true? I have also seen a website where they have suggested a modification of host file with a very big list of sites. I have tried that in windows. Is there any help in Mac

asv

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
It's something the developers put on their website that gives readers the ability to share that content with others.

AdBlock could certainly help but you'd have to input the addthis.com domain manually since the AddThis tool isn't an add. You could also go the hosts file route but the AdBlock solution would be much easier.

If you go the AdBlock route, open up the Safari preferences > Extensions > AdBlock (once it's installed of course) > check the "Click me to show AdBlock's options." > Filter Lists (in the tab that opens) > enter the s7.addthis.com domain manually at the bottom.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.