opening emails

Reaction score
Hi
I have a mac air and am trying to open emails that were saved on an older pc and then copied to the mac.

I have downloaded mail raider as the free software to open the emails but is there anything else out there that would work as mail raider does not always open the email messages.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
What program were the e-mails in originally? Mail can import files from a few of them I believe (Particularly if they are stored in a common format).

OP
J
Reaction score
Hi
The emails are in files that have been taken off our old pc and saved on the mac. When I try and open them the mailraider software sometimes opens them but most of the time doesnt. Do you know of any other software that would open saved emails. We use outlook on our mac. Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which program on the PC were the email messages saved in? Was it Outlook Express by chance? If so, take a look at this from OS X Hints.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.