virus?

Reaction score
Hello...I've owned my iMAC for 5 years with no major issues. I run on Snow Leopard. Today i started my computer and weird things happened; I can't type (yes, I replaced the batteries in the keyboard), itunes automatically starts and went to purchased music and started to play, Dashboard pops on. Whats up with this...Turning the computer on and off did nothing. ???

Joe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Well it is not a virus as there are no Mac OS X viruses. Maybe malware. Have you installed any cleaning programs lately such as CleanMyMac, MacScan, MacDefender, MacKeeper etc? Next question any chance key/s are stuck on the keyboard or have you changed any System Preferences? Have you gone into Utilities > Disk utility and run Repair Permissions? if no joy then do the following:-

Pop in your system install disc and boot from that, go into Utilities > Disk Utility and run Repair Disk and see what is reported.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.