Don't see other computers

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone can help. i have an Imac (10.5.8) and other computers on the my network ar PC's when we are all connected to the the wireless network here at the house shouldn't I be able to see the other computers on my mac? I do have sharing enable on all computers and each of the PC's see each other. The PC's even see the Mac but when I i click on the Mac on the Vista PC nothing happens.

Thanks,

Deco

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What OS are the Windows computers running? XP? Vista? Win 7?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4 GHz, 4gb | 16gb white iPhone 3Gs | MacBook 2.1GHz, 1gb | 40gb AppleTV |
I too am looking for some help with this. I have 1 vista and 1 xp laptop that I would like to be able to see from my iMac (Snow Leopard)

Every so often I see the public folders, it just seems to be random. What is the trick to keeping the connection open? Or how can I navigate to the windows machines from my mac?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.