Clean Install Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4 Ghz, 4 gb, 500g, Lion; iPhone 4, 16gb; iPad 2 32gb, WiFi; iPhone 4s, 32gb
This may seem like a stupid question to some but I didn't have any success with a search....

If I do a clean install when upgrading to Leopard, will it reinstall the trial versions of the software there was pre-loaded when I purchased my MaBook Pro a couple of months ago? (Things like MacOffice 2004, iWorks, etc. that were preloaded and then activated/purchased)

Since they came preloaded, I don't have the disks to reinstall them....

Hopefully some one that has already done a clean install will know the answer!

Thanks

M

MacHeadCase

No it won't: you will find these installers on your restore disks that came with your Mac and if they are registered apps then all you need to do is re-enter the registration codes when prompted.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4 Ghz, 4 gb, 500g, Lion; iPhone 4, 16gb; iPad 2 32gb, WiFi; iPhone 4s, 32gb
Thank you for the quick response! I assume you can use the restore disks to just add the Programs I want and not the old OSX?

M

MacHeadCase

Yes, I would think that since you are not using your restore disk to install the OS, you wouldn't need to restart holding down the C key. Just try popping in the restore disk and see if you can't simply install the other apps like that.

If you have problems getting what you want off the restore disk, use Pacifist to grab the installer packages.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.