Lag Problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 2009 2.8 GHz intel core 2 duo 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Hey guys
So ive had my macbook pro for about 3 months now, and for about 2 of the months it has been lagging really badly whenever i play videos in imovie or idvd. (even when i put it on high performance). But the weird thing is that 2 out of 10 times it wont lag at all and it will go through the whole video with no lagging or glitches.

Also i am not using any anti-virus software

I know i should go to the apple store, but its kind of a far drive from where i live so i thought id ask here first

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13.3" (2009), 2.53Ghz Core 2 Duo, 8GB 1066Mhz DDR3 RAM, 500GB Momentus XT Hybrid
No idea, really.

Back up your data and do a clean install (with Snow Leopard, insert the Disc and choose utilities -- this will reboot your Mac and start the classic installer. Then navigate to the menubar where it says "Utilities" and choose for Disk Utility, then wipe the drive, quit Disk Utility and install OS X on the harddrive.)

It might help.
If it doesn't, take it into an Apple Store.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Try playing your videos in Quicktime, iTunes, DVD Player or VLC.

iMovie is for creating your own home movies.
iDVD is basically for creating DVD discs of those home movies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.