No Internet after waking from Sleep.

Reaction score
right now i put my mbp to sleep and for some reason i opend safari to surf the web and it would not connect it would stay on loading what gives?i had to restart my notebook....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.4C2D/4GB/250GB
how long did you wait before restarting?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Sometimes I find that getting online right after waking my MBP from sleep takes awhile because I think it's trying to find the wi-fi signal from the router again. Have you tried just waiting 30-60 seconds between waking your computer and opening Safari?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
....and perhaps a better title to your thread, as well as a better description of what's going on!
If you want people to take the time out of their day to assist you, please consider putting in the effort to warrant a response!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
....and perhaps a better title to your thread, as well as a better description of what's going on!
If you want people to take the time out of their day to assist you, please consider putting in the effort to warrant a response!

Agreed. I just changed the title. I think the OP will get a lot more help if people know what the question is.

Also to the OP, is this Via a WiFi or Wired connection?

C

chas_m

One thing that I have seen that seems to help this problem:

1. Go into System Preferances, choose Network, choose Advanced.

2. Under the "Airport" tab you will see a list of every network you have EVER joined! :)

3. Delete all of them EXCEPT your home network.

This gives the computer less to try and "look for" which could help keep the connection more regular.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
meet
meet
Sorry, just couldn't resist :p

C

chas_m

LOL!!

Sadly, and I hate to admit this, but I really do look A LOT like my avatar! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
LOL..... all good... I have my head on a monkey body playing guitar, but I don't look far off my avatar either!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.