Missing Inspector App

Reaction score
I seem to have lost my Inspector App from my Mac (OSX 10.9). I'm pretty much a Mac novice, and am probably overlooking something obvious, but would be grateful if anyone can help me locate it

Reaction score
Inspector App? You mean what you get when you do a command-I? That's not an app, it's part of Finder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Open "Finder" then in the Menu Bar click on File and look down to see what Key Command you have for "Get Info" You might somehow have mapped it to something Different. If not, use Control Button and Click on the file/folder and then Get Info

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
In my ancient OS (Snow Leopard) you get Show Inspector instead of Get Info when you hold down the Option key.

Reaction score
Still do in Mavericks. Same window, different behavior. The Show Inspector window is the same as Get info except you can select a different files to look at and the window changes to reflect this.

OP
M
Reaction score
so there is no difference in the information shown in the window between 'Get Info' and 'Inspector'? It's the same thing, just a different name? or am I missing something here?

Reaction score
See my post above. Same thing, different behavior.
Get Info - on one file.
Inspector - can show for multiple files (not at same time).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.