IMAC 25 - OSX 10.5.5 Corrupt files, Losing work & view problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC 25 - OSX 10.5.5
Hi Everyone,

I’m using Microsoft Office:Mac 2004 on my IMAC 25 - OSX 10.5.5 and I am continually having problems with corrupt files and losing work even when I have saved while working. I can repair these files on a Windows computer but generally the changes are lost.

Also in Print View a lot of text isn’t visible until I change the view to Normal, I’m finding this frustrating and wondered if any one else had encountered these problems or knows how to remedy them?

It is very generous of you to share your knowledge.

Thank you,
Margaret

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC 25 - OSX 10.5.5
OS 10.5 - IMAC 25 - OSX 10.5.5 Corrupt files, Losing work & view problem

I followed the link and discovered the view problem is a bug in Microsoft programme, I downloaded the update but it won't install on my computer and I don't know to fix that. Still don't know why the files corrupt but thankfully have discovered the saved file in the trash. If you lived in the States prior to February you could get a free upgrade to 2008 but too late and I live in Australia. As long as it isn't some virus I will have to put up with the problem.
Thank you very much for your suggestions and prompt reply.
Cheers,
Margaret

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC 25 - OSX 10.5.5
OS 10.5 - IMAC 25 - OSX 10.5.5 Corrupt files, Losing work & view problem

It could be corrupted fonts, but it usually notifies you during the launching of the app. But you did mention a lot of text isn't visible...

Give this a try and let us know.
How to troubleshoot font problems in Office for Mac programs

Hi,

I have down loaded updates which may help repair the Microsoft bug but I get the message that the installer could not locate the correct version of software. Any suggestions what to do? It's the version suggested on the website.
Cheers,
Margaret

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
Found a few sites referring to the same problem...

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office/browse_thread/thread/f364b6e2049c2793/d1cfde9495d188c0?lnk=gst&q=can't+update
(for some reason, this won't show up as a link. Try to copy and paste into your browser)

Microsoft Office 2004 11.5.2 software download - Mac OS X - VersionTracker

auto update fails

Not sure if these will help, but maybe point you in the right direction?
Anything else I find out, I'll be sure to post.

Keep us updated!

Reaction score
Missing Excel data

Hi Margaret from another Aussie
I too am having problems with losing data. I have a new MacBook, running Office 2008 for Mac : Excel.
I have a large working spreadsheet that I access every couple of days. I used it July 3-4 and saved it into its usual location. When I went to open it yesterday, the file was only up to May 20 (everything entered since then non existant). I went to my backup (external) and each one done since June 25 was dated May 20. I am at a complete loss as to what has happened.
I am very experienced with computers and know I saved the file each and every time I used it.
Any help to recover will save me in the region of 3-4 full days work.
Thank you in advance.
JillC

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.