Keyboard Is Broken!

RCD

Reaction score
Hello, Im New Here!

I Was Stupid Enough To leave an open bottle of water by my new iMac, my dog knocked it over onto my keyboard :/

Now, many keys dont work including; space, all arrow keys, thenumbers on the side panel,and the hyphen at the top.

I am writing this by pressing tab in text edit.I Want my spacebar back!

I was wondering if this is fixable, I have tried everything and cannot fix it. Also, buying a new keyboard is a last resort!!!!

Thanks-
RCD

Reaction score
well, you could buy a new keyboard... you are so lucky you dont have a macbook... o god.. :(

try taking it apart and letting it dry out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
if the spill was right around where the cord plugs in and the usb port is....go buy a new keyboard
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
i assume your a switcher since your posting in this section, so ask yourself - is this sort of thing fixable on a PC?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac G3 450MHZ 512 RAM DVD
smurfy, that has nothing to do with the problem

Many keyboards are fixable, its a shame this one isn't - thats dogs for you! Great for petting but not much use for tech support eh?

I'm rather just get a new keyboard personally - its like a mouse on its last legs, it defines the computing experience

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
A couple of years ago, my Logitech wireless keyboard took a whole glass of Cabernet Sauvignon. Fortunately I was able to save the Mac Mini that it was 'attached' to.

I saved it (and am using it to this day with my employer's Dell) by immediately removing the batteries, grabbing a screwdriver and disassembling it, and taking a 'can of air' to it. I blew out as much of the wine as I could and let the parts dry for 24 hours. Learned a bit about how keyboards are constructed and function.

I was lucky. After the 24-36 hour wait to allow evaporation I re-assembled the keyboard, put in the batteries, and it worked. Well, the '-' key is still a little sticky, but the keyboard continues to function as it was designed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.