MacBook ejecting install disc2

Reaction score
I've had this MacBook for a while and over time it has started to run slowly. I decided to get the gray install discs that came with the MacBook . About a year ago I upgraded to snow leopard so I have no idea if that could be my issue.
It installs the first disc fine. However, when It prompts me to install disc two, it spends ten seconds thinking and then ejects the disc. No window pops up to explain why. What could be the issue? The disc isn't scratched at all. I think I bought the MacBook in 2007

The disc is Mac OSX 10.4.9 if I remember right. The disc 1 is back in my Mac booting again. Is it possible I can just put in my snow leopard disc instead (I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't understand why you're trying to reinstall with Tiger when you're already running Snow Leopard? Use the Snow Leopard disk to reinstall. Snow Leopard automatically does an archive and install installation which will preserve your data and applications. Reinstalling Tiger is going to wipe everything out.

OP
C
Reaction score
I was trying to wipe everything out and restore it back to factory settings. I'm glad you said that though, because after many attempts at installing the second disc to no avail, I decided to try putting in the Snow Leopard disc. All my documents are gone (I put what I wanted on my external hard drive) and it runs like I just bought it! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.