Way to Block Certain Sites in Browsers History?

3WM

Reaction score
I want to know if there is a way to filter sites like Facebook or Twitter from not showing up cause it makes digging for that "one piece of info i read last week" all the more difficult to find again. I know Chrome's incognito will show no traces of your history but I need more of a filter. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've been wanting to find this answer for quite some time so I am excited to hear any thoughts.

Reaction score
To be honest the fastest solution would be to ring up the history menu (cmd+Y) type facebook/twitter in the search bar and delete everything that comes up... A bit laborious but you don't need to dig for info too often, right?

Reaction score
To be honest the fastest solution would be to ring up the history menu (cmd+Y) type facebook/twitter in the search bar and delete everything that comes up... A bit laborious but you don't need to dig for info too often, right?

That's exactly what I do.

Reaction score
Or maybe going into incognito mode only for facebook or twitter would be faster. Both methods only take a few seconds.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Or maybe going into incognito mode only for facebook or twitter would be faster. Both methods only take a few seconds.

I private browse while in this forum - for probably a similar reason as the OP. I can see how having a 'do not save' list would be useful though. :) Maybe there's a plug-in for that?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Note: This was posted to our off-topic forum, "The Lounge". I've moved it to our OS X - Applications forum. Please be sure to read the forum descriptions before creating a new thread. This helps to keep our forum better organized, get you the help you need in a more timely manner, and assist others who may have a similar question to search and find your thread to learn from it.

Thanks for understanding!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.