Ipod account transfer

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this forum and don't know much about Ipods...I have a question and hope that someone can assist me. I had an Ipod nano and had my account set up in Itunes etc... I recently got a new Ipod (touch) and re-registered my new Ipod into Itunes and downloaded my new music etc... everything was good... then my son wanted my old Ipod (nano) but he did not want my music that I had on it, so we plugged it in to our Mac computer so that we can register that Ipod under his name, but when we plugged it in- my old Itunes account came up. My question is how do we get the Ipod nano un-registered out of my name so that we can register it under my son's name so that he can download his own music??? I am afraid that if I plug in the Ipod nano and erase the old account that was created I will loose the current account that I created for my new Ipod touch??? I hope I am making sense... can someone please let me know if I plug in the nano and erase the account will I loose my account that was created for the Ipod touch?

Thanks so much for any assistance...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Plug in the iPod, highlight in iTunes and select "Restore" This will erase the iPod and put it back in it's "out of the box" state. You can then re-register it and associate it with his iTunes account.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.