Mighty Mouse <x3 AIM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 " Intel iMac, 60 GB 5th Gen iPod 12300+ Songs
Alright well I use AOL Instant Messenger because I can't stand iChat's childish bubbles, appearance and overall operation and not a fan of third party apps like Adium etc...BUT I also use a Apple Mighty Mouse and at certain points when using the scroll wheel AIM quits...now I've tried this on a few computers and it's like the scroll wheel is a quit button for AIM is there a patch that can be downloaded somewhere to fix this because I really don't want to switch to a different messenger service and also don't want to lose the efficiency of the Mighty Mouse

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
iChat's "childish bubbles" can be turned off in iChat's preferences.

Sorry, I can't help with the mouse problem.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
AIM on the Mac is a poorly programmed application. It crashes all the time on a lot of people. Do a search on Mac Forums for AIM crashing. IChat works and works great. Like Surfwax said, you can turn off what you call the childish bubbles.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
use adiumx you can find it on versiontracker.com
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
to chris
CraigNB said:
and not a fan of third party apps like Adium etc...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
childish bubbles? I find it much easier than the compacted paragraph of text AIM uses. It's more organized to me...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.