what to make from 1st gen ipod

Reaction score
ok, so I have a 1st gen ipod that has been broken for a long long time (had 2 other ipods since then) and i'm just looking for some suggestions of cool and original, not necessarily practical things I can do/make from it. It's fairly big, I dont remember the dimensions but its nearly the same width and heighth and probobly twice as thick as the new video ipods. Here are some pictures

http://www.ministryoftech.com/images/first-gen-ipod.jpg
http://www.rantingandraving.us/iPod/thumbs/ipodcomparison3.jpg

I just feel there has to be something I can do with it other than sit there on my shelf.

BTW, i wish they would go back to the 1st gen scroll wheels and buttons. The new ones don't work if ur hands are sticky or wet. I just hate them. But i know less moving parts means less failures so w.e

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
The only suggestion I have is not to use an iPod when your hands are sticky or wet. But that's your call.
What doesn't? The battery not charge? The thing just does the click of death?
Bryan

OP
R
Reaction score
The only suggestion I have is not to use an iPod when your hands are sticky or wet. But that's your call.
What doesn't? The battery not charge? The thing just does the click of death?
Bryan

well after using it for a while your thumb gets sweaty and sticks you know what I mean? Like pushing against rubber? I just prefer how the old one spun and whatnot. Um, I forget exactly what it did but it just one day came up with a folder and exclamation mark in front of it. I did some searching and I figure its the harddrive. It has been many years so i'm not exactly sure. The battery was fine as far as I remember. I'll look into it more tomorrow. Why?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.