Moving ipad photo app photos to PC using dropbox

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Hello!

My boss has an iPad 4 with iOS 7.02. She has about 200 photos she took with the photo app. She wants to move them to her PC. My first thought was to install dropbox but moving photos taken with the photo app to dropbox seems to be impossible. She is wanting the photos to automatically to her PC.

I am PC savy but a relative newby with iOS so any help will be greatly appreciate.

Lisa

OP
lclev
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks! I will give it a try tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Lisa

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I realize it doesn't use Dropbpx but it is about as automatic as it gets. The iTunes version in the video isn't for the most recent one but the process is the same.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I keep a cable plugged in and just use Picasa on my Windows machine at work for importing job site pics I take onto it. Allows you to name the folder (thus keeping them organized if you just want to use Windows Explorer) and delete only imported pics (or not).

Reaction score
I found these steps on Apple forum see if it can help you

1. Without connecting your iPad to your computer -

A) Install iTunes / make sure the latest version of iTunes is installed.

B) Go to the Store tab and click on "Authorise This Computer".

C) Go to Edit, click on Preferences and click on Devices. Put a check mark in the box next to "Prevent iPods/iPhones/iPads from syncing automatically". Click OK and close iTunes.

2. Connect your iPad to your computer -

A) Start iTunes (if it does not do so automatically).

B) Right click on your iPad under Devices in the left column. Select "Transfer purchases".

C) When the transfer has completed, right click on your iPad again and select "Backup".

D) When the backup has completed, left click on your iPad, click on the Apps tab, and put a check mark in the box next to "Sync Apps", and then click on "Apply" (bottom right).

E) Unless you want to always do a manual sync (as I do), go back to Edit, Preferences and uncheck the box next to "Prevent your iPod.....".

F) Finally, on your iPad, check that everything is syncing properly. If not, go back to iTunes and check all settings.

or you can try the tutorial given here

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/synchronize-photos-from-your-computer-to-your-ipad.html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
It's also worth considering Photo Sync

It's a $2 app for your iPad with a free desktop companion app for Mac and PC.

It will automatically transfer photos once the PC and iPad are on the same network. It also keeps track of what's been synced before and will only sync photos new since the last sync etc.

I've been using it for a while now and it works flawlessly.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Nice one mrplow. Since I just moved to a device with the lightning connector a couple days ago - now I only need to buy 2 additional cables instead of 4.

OP
lclev
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok, I can now say I have tried all the above ideas. The winner is the photosync app. For $1.99 +tax it works great.

What she (my boss) is wanting is something that works with as little effort as possible on her part. I downloaded the app on my iPad and on both my mac and pc. Set it up and in seconds "There be pictures here!" (For anyone into Star Trek.)

Thank you everyone for your help. Much appreciated.

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 13.3" MacBook 4,1 Intel Core2 Duo, 4Gigs Ram (2x2G), 2.4GHz, OS X 10.7.2
Actually, uploading images from the camera roll or any other "album" into Dropbox is fairly easy. In the Dropbox app, at the top next to the word Dropbox there's a symbol that looks like 3 dots. Tap that symbol and you get a menu with 3 options, the first being a "+" sign with the word "Upload" under it. Tap that and it will ask to access your photos. Tap "Allow". Now you'll see thumbnails of your photo albums including the "Camera Roll". Tap the album you want and tap to select the images you want, then tap "Upload".

It's called "Uploading" because the app is really just an interface to your Dropbox website account.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.