Suggestions & Consults

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Well i am new member of the forum, and i just arrived here looking for some help with a simple problem i'm having with my Mac Book Pro, so if anyone could give a hand, i'll aprecciate.

Could be possible that MBP can't read disks of the mini cd type or v-cards, or it's just a problem of my own. The matter is that as they are so small that the unit doesn't tried to load it.
Is there any way just to use this type of cds.

Thanks for any reply.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
You need an external tray loading CD Drive. If you manage to get one of the mini discs in your MacBook's CD Drive, good luck, because you will probably never see it again.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
There are adapters available (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000M52EW0/?tag=macforums0e4-20)

however, I usually ask clients to supply only normal size cd's.

I would avoid those in a high-speed drive (which is probably why they are no longer available). The rotational speeds have been known to cause even slightly damaged discs to fracture into small pieces, destroying the drive. I would imagine the same type of thing is possible with these adapters.

Like Stretch said, your best bet would be to pick up a tray-loading, external CD drive. Something like this would be your best bet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
If you manage to get one of the mini discs in your MacBook's CD Drive, good luck, because you will probably never see it again.

I tried that the other day and I was so scared that the mini disc was stuck. I just shoook my Macbook and it kinda slid out....I was so relieved

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.