Mac App Store Questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA mid-2013 (10.12.4), iPad 5th gen (10.3.1)
So, I just discovered I have a "Bought Apps" tab on the MAS. And I saw it said "You have 3 apps to accept". Because of the language barrier, I took a screenshot:
Ekran%20Resmi%202013-10-19%2010.45.33.png

I think they are iLife suite apps?
Anyway, if I accept them, will the next owner of this macbook be able to update them? I mean, are the apps licensed to the device or to my account?
Although I won't have anything to do with my AppleID if I sell my computer, I don't want anyone use it, of course.

Second question of mine is about the purchased apps and discounted (sometimes given free for a limited time) apps.
If I bought an app while it was free (or discounted), and then remove it for some reason, and the developer decides to make it a paid app again (or remove the discount), am I entitled to download it without any price?
I think I can get the discounted ones even if I removed the app and they remove the discount, but I am not sure about the free ones.

For instance, this app is free for now (from 3,59 to Free): App Shopper: Smart Wall (Utilities) I got this. Let's say I remove this, and they make it 3,59 again. Will I have to pay that price to download and install it again?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
So, I just discovered I have a "Bought Apps" tab on the MAS.

I think they are iLife suite apps?
Anyway, if I accept them, will the next owner of this macbook be able to update them? I mean, are the apps licensed to the device or to my account?
Although I won't have anything to do with my AppleID if I sell my computer, I don't want anyone use it, of course.

Yes they are the iLife Suite and they will be now and forever tied to your Apple ID. When you sell the Mac, you need to ring Apple and Disassociate that Mac's unique identifer number from your Apple ID or the next person signing into the MAS will find they will have problems IF they have iLife as well.

If I bought an app while it was free (or discounted), and then remove it for some reason, and the developer decides to make it a paid app again (or remove the discount), am I entitled to download it without any price?
I think I can get the discounted ones even if I removed the app and they remove the discount, but I am not sure about the free ones.

For instance, this app is free for now (from 3,59 to Free): App Shopper: Smart Wall (Utilities) I got this. Let's say I remove this, and they make it 3,59 again. Will I have to pay that price to download and install it again?

No it doesnt work like that. I do this all the time, as i have a App that will tell me when my wish list of Apps are discounted and then i BUY BUY BUY, and sometime delete them.
They are and again be forever linked to your Apple ID and they will alway come up in your Purchased tab in the MAS, with either Installed or Download next to it.

Developers drop prices all the time, and with the popular ones, its usually only for 24hrs, but dont worry, one you buy it for $, or buy it for no $ it is and will always be yours :)

Düzenle - Ben biraz size yardımcı oluyor umuyoruz :)

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the quick answer TattooedMac.
It sucks that the iLife suite is tied to my account but it is good to know that I can unlink them just by contacting Apple. I'll try to learn how to unlink it before linking them to my account.
I'm not thinking of selling this one for a while, but I don't think I'd buy another Mac again :) So, that's why I asked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Thanks for the quick answer TattooedMac.
It sucks that the iLife suite is tied to my account but it is good to know that I can unlink them just by contacting Apple. I'll try to learn how to unlink it before linking them to my account.
I'm not thinking of selling this one for a while, but I don't think I'd buy another Mac again :) So, that's why I asked.

My pleasure.
You dont have to learn how to unlink them, and once you download them, then thats how they will be linked to your Apple ID.
As i said if and when you do sell, its only a phone call to Apple to Disassociate your Apple ID to that Mac.

Ben biraz size yardımcı oluyor umuyoruz :)

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
:) Yes you are helping me, big time. Especially when you told that my purchases (or free downloads) are mine no matter what (Well unless Apple changes the things). You'll need some Turkish practice, though :p

The thing is that, in Turkey, we don't have an Apple Store and I am not sure about phone support. So, I might not be able to unlink them.

EDIT: Congrats on your 7000th post :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
:) Yes you are helping me, big time. Especially when you told that my purchases (or free downloads) are mine no matter what (Well unless Apple changes the things). You'll need some Turkish practice, though :p

The thing is that, in Turkey, we don't have an Apple Store and I am not sure about phone support. So, I might not be able to unlink them.

Yes i know, had to try anyways ;) What i did find, even though you havnt a Apple Store Turkey, i did find this Apple - Destek and because my Turkish isnt that good, im not sure how much help that is :) But if not there is a Turkish Phone Number to ring here . . . Contacting Apple for support and service

EDIT: Congrats on your 7000th post :)

Well ill be. Thank you very much Sir, too busy helping people to even notice :) and im happy you did. Cheers

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well thank you once again :)
With all of the products, I never could find solutions to my problems (which I couldn't solve on my own) on the support pages of the manufacturer :) It's either the community or a ticket system.
But I wasn't aware that they have a phone number for Turkey. Thanks for that! I am now linking those apps to my account.

It seems you love to help, already 7002nd post :)

EDIT: Just realized it's not a Turkey phone, but whatever :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.