x-ray machines

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MACBook Pro.
Hi,
Just got back from holidays and going through the x-ray machine in Dublin airport the guards make you take your laptop out of whatever bag you have it in and but it through on a tray. That was fine. But, coming back through france they said i didn't have to take it out of my backpack. So i left it in(turned off). Within 5 mins it was blistering hot. I could feel my back burning up, through the backpack,and it was fully turned off. Crazy. I got scared and wipped the battery out. It then cooled off. Not sure what that was but i know from now on i'll always be taking it out and putting it in a tray. Anyone else have this experience?
Watch out going through :) !!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
nope, and I went through france and the UK this summer right after the terror scare

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
mookie said:
Hi,
Just got back from holidays and going through the x-ray machine in Dublin airport the guards make you take your laptop out of whatever bag you have it in and but it through on a tray. That was fine. But, coming back through france they said i didn't have to take it out of my backpack. So i left it in(turned off). Within 5 mins it was blistering hot. I could feel my back burning up, through the backpack,and it was fully turned off. Crazy. I got scared and wipped the battery out. It then cooled off. Not sure what that was but i know from now on i'll always be taking it out and putting it in a tray. Anyone else have this experience?
Watch out going through :) !!!!!
That was a freak coincidence. X-Rays have absolutely no effect on notebook computers or their components. It is an urban myth that they do.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MACBook Pro.
How is it possible that it heate dup so much. I know they do build up to a serious temp when using them(well mine does) but it was fully shut down????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
D3v1L80Y said:
That was a freak coincidence. X-Rays have absolutely no effect on notebook computers or their components. It is an urban myth that they do.

This is true, but the metal detector has a huge effect, so never carry it through just because you don't want it to be exposed to x-rays.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
They won't let you carry it through the metal detector but the X-ray has no effect on the machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.