Adobe Software

Reaction score
I purchased this software and when I put the disc in my iMac, it spits it right back out and won't let me install it. Other software works just fine. Anyone else have this problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
What particular Adobe software is it?

OP
L
Reaction score
Adobe Photoshop Elements 9

I contacted Adobe and they let me download this from their website since I already had the software serial number. They also sent me replacements discs which I just tried and my Mac spits those out also. I've installed other software that works just fine.

OP
L
Reaction score
Mac spitting out certain discs

It will spit out the Adobe software but will play some music cd's and some movie dvd's. It will install Printshop for Mac and Printexplosion for mac. If it was my drive, then it wouldn't let the others work right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
9 is supposedly installable on Macs and Windows. I don't have it but are you sure you are using a disk that is compatible with the Mac (i.e. did it come with 2 disks)? If you have the download why are you messing with the disk?

OP
L
Reaction score
I bought Adobe Elements 9 and it kept spitting the disc out. Adobe let me download it from them since I already paid for it. I would like to have the discs in case I get another computer later. My Mac now is new and the discs won't stay in. I will eventually want to install it in another Mac so I need the discs. it's a 2 disc set. Adobe sent me replacement discs and they didn't work either. My Mac is Mac OS X 10.6.6
Just can't figure out why the discs keep ejecting. Other software installed with no problem and some didn't install too just like Adobe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac, 3.06 c2d, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD
Adobe Elements 9 installed via disk with no problem on my Mac. I don't thinks it's an Adobe problem. Perhaps you should have the drive checked out due to it's intermittent operation.

OP
L
Reaction score
???

If it was my drive though....it wouldn't be able to accept other discs and it does. It spits some out but not all of them. Some software installed just fine. I'm confused. :(

C

chas_m

Well, let's start with the basics: what kind of Mac is it? How old? What other discs does it spit out? Are these genuine Adobe (or other software) discs? Have you tried shooting a little (repeat: a little) compressed air in the CD drive? When you look under "About this Mac -> More Info" does it say the drive can read DL discs?

Do you know anyone with an external DVD drive you could borrow? If you do, what happens when you use that? And finally -- are you sure you're putting the disc in right side up (label facing you)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
I wouldn't assume that Laydeeworeblak, my drive problems started with spitting out Dreamweaver and then OS disks. You might try googling the drive type (ie MatshitaDVD) altho I never thought of the Adobe connection.
If it was my drive though....it wouldn't be able to accept other discs and it does. It spits some out but not all of them. Some software installed just fine. I'm confused. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 2.93 i7 16 gigs ram
So far I've installed Dreamweaxee cs5, and Photoshop elements 9 and have played several DVDs and burned three or four CDs with no problems. What Mac are you using? It could possibly be something to do with the drive. Whe you insert them into the drive is the label facing out (faciing you)?. I'm new to the Mac, but sometimes it's the simplest thing that's the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.