microsoft office really slow and jerky

A

adam6969

Hello,
I have the macbook with the intel duo and I am thinking that might be why office is so slow (isn't optimized for the intel yet) but if I'm wrong, does anyone have any idea why I might be having this problem?

I just finished using office on my PC (which I haven't used in a long time) and everything worked so nice and fast...I'm rather dissapointed with how slow and jerky it is on my mac.

So if anyone has an idea or has the same problem and has figured out how to fix...please post.

Thanks,
Adam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
heya

ms office is very slow of the mac at the moment because it hasnt be optimised for intel yet.

im not sure when an opptimised version is coming out but i dont think it will be far away seeing as the intel macs have been out for a while now.

try open office which i think is universal

or neo office which im pretty sure is universal.

cheers

chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Before you jump ship...

Office 2004 isn't exactly lightening fast on a G4 either - it's roughly the same speed on my 2.0ghz Core Duo as it is on my friend's 1.4ghz G4. The problem is when you have the formatting pane open, that changes as you browse around the document (at least in my experience).

Office 2007 (I had the beta before I switched) is also extremely slow on Windows XP (not so in Vista) so don't think it isn't just a case of office bloat.

Mac Office 2007 is supposed to be Intel specific, but if it has half the bloat Office 2007 has on Windows, it'll be no quicker.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
There won't be a Universal version probably until mid 2007

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Make sure you have the latest OS X update. 10.4.8 has some improvements in the Rosetta performance of Office.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.