Any USB Hub Recommendations?

Reaction score
I'm looking for a USB hub for our MBP and recommendations for a compatible USB hub?
Bill

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Just a few suggestions...

Belkin 7-Port Desktop USB Hub
Recommended by Apple itself, the Belkin 7-Port Desktop USB Hub is the best USB hub for Mac desktop computers with the best USB hub reviews overall. This self powered hub, with one year warranty, is priced at $39.95 and comes with as many as seven USB ports. These seven downstream ports come with a promised transfer speed of around 480 Mbit per second. The device comes with an AC power adapter and USB device cable. It is compatible with Mac IS 9.2, OS X version 10 or any of the later versions. It is also compatible with Windows based computers.

Kensington DomeHub USB 2.0 (7 ports) Weighted Hub 33118
Another USB hub for Mac machines including notebooks, is the Kensington DomeHub that comes with 7 output ports. Priced at only $35, this Kensington product is a consumer favorite. It has a unique round design that makes it easier to connect multiple devices and its weight guarantees stability.

Entrega MAC-HUB-7U 7-Port USB HUB (Mac)
This USB hub for Macintosh computers is the costliest and also the most efficient of the lot. Priced at $119.99, this Entrega product comes with 7 ports that are individually switched. That ensures the continued functioning of other connected devices even though one hub fails. Stackability is an inherent feature in all Entrega USB hubs, which makes them capable of handling 127 USB peripherals through a single port. Along with a built in auto recovery technology this device comes with a 3.7 amp power supply and a 2 meter USB cable.

Macally 4 Port Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Hub for Mac
If you are looking for a low cost USB hub for Macbook or Macbook Pro, the Macally 4 Port Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Hub fits the bill perfectly. Priced at $19.95, this USB hub for Mac provides four port connectivity and is powered through the USB port. Comes with adhesive pads that can secure it to any surface. This is the best USB hub for Macbook Pro, if you plan to connect low power devices.

Hope this helps

- Simon

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
+1 for the first one on Simon's list.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Belkin has a few 7 port hubs to choose from - here's a nice style.

I have several of these D-Link 7 port hubs that also work great.

Reaction score
Belkin has a few 7 port hubs to choose from - here's a nice style.

I have several of these D-Link 7 port hubs that also work great.

Regarding the d-link usb hubs, I saw that they actually plug in for a power source. Have you had any problems with it running on a/c power and affecting the computer in anyway such as the computer not sleeping or anything like that?

Does the d-link always stay on unless unplugged or does it turn off after like 30 minutes in no activity is running through the hub?

Anything else you can think that maybe I should know? Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.