Font install problem

G

gesteves

I'm trying to install a couple of font suitcases: Frutiger and Frutiger Condensed. I've tried everything (I think): Installing from Font Book, dragging them to Font Book, moving to my user's font folder, copying them to my user's font folder, moving them to system's font folder, copying them to system's font folder... But they still don't show up anywhere.

I got them because I needed them for a Flash project, when I opened it, it said that one or more fonts were missing, but now that I tried to install them, that message doesn't appear any more (as if they were really installed), they even show up on Flash's font dropdown, but all the text in the movie is blank.

Any thoughts?

OP
M

meanopause

gesteves said:
I'm trying to install a couple of font suitcases: Frutiger and Frutiger Condensed. I've tried everything (I think): Installing from Font Book, dragging them to Font Book, moving to my user's font folder, copying them to my user's font folder, moving them to system's font folder, copying them to system's font folder... But they still don't show up anywhere.

I got them because I needed them for a Flash project, when I opened it, it said that one or more fonts were missing, but now that I tried to install them, that message doesn't appear any more (as if they were really installed), they even show up on Flash's font dropdown, but all the text in the movie is blank.

Any thoughts?

i just went through a font nightmare myself. i finally bought suitcase and it screwed up my system fonts and all that good stuff....so i formatted (i was due for one anyways), installed all my fonts into suitcase, and everything runs smoof.

anyways...about your problem. depending on where you got your font.....you might be missing 1 part of your font...either the bitmap or the postcript, i'm not really sure what is what....but i belive the postcript part of the font is the outline, and the bitmap is the filling. i'm taking a pre-press class so we'll be covering that subject in the next few weeks. but yea, if you have the disc for your font, make sure that u have both parts to that font.

i suggest you run it through font doctor, it should tell you exactly what's wrong with it.

hope this helps..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.