G4 to TV.....

Reaction score
I recently purchased the apple svideo cable in order to watch movies on my TV through my powerbook G4. The quality of the picture is perfect but unfortunately, I can only get the colour in black and white.

Can anyone tell me how to get around this? I have tried to change the PAL settings on my laptop but this doesn't seem to make a difference although I'm not really sure what to change it to.

Any help would be much apreciated.

OP
S
Reaction score
Please help! I've got a brand new Samsung HDTV and I'm desperate to watch heroes/24/lost etc!!!!!!!! :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Check in your System Preferences > Displays, then select the Samsung and choose the "Color" tab. See if you can select a color profile.

OP
S
Reaction score
I've tried changing the colour LCD settings but its not making any difference, This is so frustrating!

Reaction score
Sorry if this appears rude, but you did get the right cable for your model PowerBook G4 as there are a few different models

These are the different types of connections:

DVI out, mini-DVI out, VGA out, or s-video out? If it's mini-DVI you will need to get an apple adapter that will give you DVI out or composite video . If you want to use the HDMI connector on your tv you will need to get a DVI to HDMI cable.

Disregard this if it's a stupid question as I don't know much about this part of Macs but am trying to help you with the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.