A GLITCH with my NEW Mac Pro....

Reaction score
Why does my BRAND NEW Mac Pro show me "The Disk you Inserted was not Readable by this Computer",?

This is very odd, because I did nothing but turn on the Machine. It's suppose to be a brand new Computer.

Why would this be showing up? In what circumstances does this warning pop up?

Thank you SO much for your time & help.

Lana

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hi and welcome the the forum Lana

What sort of *disk* are you trying to insert into your new Mac Pro ??
Is this Mac Pro new as in bought from shop new or 2nd hand new to you ??

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hmm well that is interesting.
I know this shouldn't need to be done on a new Mac of any sort, but open Disk Utility Via Applications>Utilities
Once open click on the HD in the left column. Make sure the First Aid tab is clicked then down the bottom click the Repair Permissions.
Sit back have a coffee and when its done (don't worry about the log window and all the fixes) restart your Mac Pro.
See if that has helped. If not post back here and we will take the next step in fault finding :)

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Your welcome and be sure to return if it doesn't do anything. we are here 24/7 if you have other problems too :)

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.