MacBook Pro HardDrive upgrade issue - Glue!!!

Reaction score
Hey

I recently upgraded my hard drive in my MacBook Pro - it's a circa Sept'2007 model so had some significant case cracking to undertake. I replaced the 160mb drive with a Seagate 500mb drive. All went well with this upgrade.

For a completely different reason, I have a legit AppleCare warranty claim for a different part that has since failed. I intend to put the original Hard Disk back into the MacBook Pro so that the machine "appears" to be as per original specification.

The only real give-away to the change is that using a spludger, I separated the drive "cable" (well, flat plastic tape thingy) that was glued to the top of the drive. I would like to stick this back so that I stand half a chance that this obvious give-away to the drive upgrade isn't noticed.

Does anyone have any idea what kind of glue was used to stick the drive cable to the hard drive and if so, where I can get some from?

Many thanks.

Reaction score
I really dont think it should be a problem...I replaced my ram and harddrive 4gb from 2gb and 250gb to 1TB and went to apple for issue with fan and they never said anything...I doubt they would care depends maybe where you go the genius guy told me if anyone was to ask I just say they installed ram and that I bought HD and I had them do it..

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up. Some of the MacBooks are easier to upgrade than others so maybe it depends on how "destructive" it is to do the upgrade. We'll see.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Changing the HD or Ram doesn't void your warranty.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.