Bootcamp Vista Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.33Ghz, 120Gb HD
I apolgise for what may be an obvious question.

Due to an Open University course im doing I need to install Vista on my MBP. Once ive got it up and running (I still need to buy a copy of Vista) will I still be able to get online via wireless?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
the wireless driver should be added for your wireless during the boot camp install process

Reaction score
Not a problem. I have been using a wireless connection with Vista for months now. The wireless driver automatically installed during the bootcamp install process. The wireles connection works with VMWare Fusion as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
just make sure you install the mac-windows driver after installing vista...
just insert your leopard disk when done, and the setup screen should appear

Reaction score
It works just fine. I've been using Vista on my MBP for a few months now as well. Just like NPuter said, insert the Leopard disk after installing Vista - all the drivers you need are all there and will automatically install.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB
If you are only doing the install for the coursework, let me suggest that you install it in Fusion or Parallels instead of repartitioning your drive. That way, when you are done with the course, you can drag the install off to your backup or external drive and have your space back.

Of course, the other benefit of doing it in Fusion or Parallels is that your mac will handle the wireless issues, and XP or Vista will see what looks like a wired interface.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.