MY iBOOK SLEEPS WHEN I CLOSE THE LID!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4, ipod nano, ipod video and a whole lotta love
whats going on here, whether its itunes, ichat, those programs quit whenver I close the lid. Whats the deal, can anyone help me! :dive:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Do they really quit? Or do they just switch off? I.e. iTunes stops playing, iChat disconnects etc.

Your title is a bit misleading, so I'll just explain the basics, and you'll have to correct me if this isn't what you meant.

You sound worried that the book 'sleeps' when you close the lid. This is normal behaviour for iBooks. They all sleep as soon as the lid is closed because a lot of the heat generated by the processor rises up through the keyboard area.

If they were left on whilst the lid was closed, the screen would be damaged and could even melt (there are pictures of that happening on the web somewhere).

So to protect the 'book, it goes to sleep, but will wake up instantly when you open the lid again.

All programs that were running will 'stop' any activity, but will remain open.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4, ipod nano, ipod video and a whole lotta love
thats all i needed, thanks for the help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
It's supposed to sleep when the lid is closed

C

colday

trpnmonkey41 said:
It's supposed to sleep when the lid is closed

I just got my new iBook too. I LOVE that feature! Talk about fast! The other night I was trying to drain my battery, got tired, closed the lid - leaving it on sleep. When I got up I opened the lid, pow! Right back on, and the battery still had about 1 1/2 hour to go.

Yep, I'll never go back. Anybody want to buy a P4 3.0 PC? :p

Steve
OldManCompute

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.