Heeeelllpppp!!!

Reaction score
someone PLEASE help me! I was working in my macbook pro and listening to music, suddenly all my music deleted. I freaked out so I closed iTunes and opened it up again.. no change. I shut down my computer and when I started it again ALL MY DOCUMENTS ARE GONE!!!! ALL MY PHOTOS, MUSIC, WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, CALENDAR, CONTACTS.... everything is gone!
could someone PLEASE help me get it back?? is it possible? (i am sure I am in the right log in and everything, I have restarted my computer a lot of times :'( ).
I would really appreciate your help! thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
These two links have links to software that claim to help; 1 2.

You could do a further search here and at Versiontracker too.

Have you installed _any_ new software? I've never seen a Mac do what you have described.

OP
S
Reaction score
thanks!
a guy asked me if I renamed the user... and I did before I started my work; by his comment I think that is the reason why everything is gone. does anybody know anything about that? or how to get everything back?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
oh good one! Yeah that could definitely be the problem. Open up your hard drive icon on your desktop, click on Users and then either name it back to what it was before, or.. well try that first, reboot and see if that works for you. If not, let us know and we'll come up with something else :)

OP
S
Reaction score
i changed the username back as it originally was and it work!!!! i have all my documents back :D:D:D:D!!!!!!! i am so relieved... thanks everybody! :D

M

MacHeadCase

As soon as I saw all the personal files disappearing I had a very good hunch the renaming of the home folder was the instigator. So... Never do that. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
As soon as I saw all the personal files disappearing I had a very good hunch the renaming of the home folder was the instigator. So... Never do that. ;)

That was my first instinct too ;P

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.