Screen is cracked. No led damage. Need help

Reaction score
Today 11:57 PM. (somehow, not sure) I cracked my screen ontop of the camera. No real damage was done just the screen.. Protector i guess u could call it has a chip out of it and a crack leading tword the middle of my screen. Curious to see if anyone has sugjestions on a solution to fix it. I have a OS X desktop. Please help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How about telling us which Mac desktop you have? Assuming it's an iMac, year and model? The ifixit web site has instructions for changing the front glass on an iMac. You might want to go there with your model number on hand and look up the instructions. iFixit: The free repair manual

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
If you have an imac you can use suction cups to remove the glass and then get a new screen online pretty cheap.

Reaction score
Apple will charge you FAR more than the price of the lcd to replace it. You can do the replacement pretty easily yourself. Check out LCDs4less. My only complaint is that the model I received had a slightly different name than the model I ordered (this likely had to do with the model I ordered being comparitively old, so I received a newer version)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.