CD creation question

Reaction score
Hello. I've been looking for an answer to this in a few places, os yo9u may have seen it.

I am making a CD of images and pdf files in Windows7. I have created a menu/splash page that works fine with AutoRun in Windows, but I want something similar to work on a Mac. (I assume OSX)

What I'd like to do is when the CD icon appears on the desktop and is double-clicked it would open up either a Flash menu I have created, or a similar HTML menu so the user can choose which files to open on the disk, rather than having the disk open as a folder. How can I do this?

Note: I am not attempting an autostart thing. That is too complicated. I just want double-clicking on the icon on the desktop to open something, ie a Flash file or an HTML file in browser.

Thanks.
Edit/Delete Message

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
This type of thing was squashed many years back. The reason being that scripts embedded in HTML and Flash cause security risks and in the interest of security Apple decided to stop that type of behavior.

It doesn't mean you can't launch HTML from a disc image but it does stop auto running content. Even in Windows you need to enable this type of action. By default auto run is disabled in Windows.

OP
E
Reaction score
Right, but I don't want it to auto-start. I'd just like a specific item to open when the icon on the desktop is double-clicked, instead of having it open as a folder.

I'm pretty sure I've seen this in installation disks, etc. on Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
What I mean by autostart is, anything other than a Finder window.

You can set the background of a disk image window with an image other than the standard white background.

OP
E
Reaction score
What I mean by autostart is, anything other than a Finder window.

You can set the background of a disk image window with an image other than the standard white background.

Not sure i can so that. I'm making this in Windows7 Maybe I can do the window on a Mac and transfer it over?

This may have to wait until version 2 of my CD. But I do believe I have seen such things on Mac software installation disks, so it must be possible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.