• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Theme Parks!!

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
As the warm and hot weather go into the full effect, some of the theme parks start to open their doors. Now, if you're an Ohioan especially in the northern area, you have definitely been to CEDAR POINT at some point. Cedar Point is like Ohio's Disney World or maybe even the midwest's Disney World. Cedar Point located in Sandusky, Ohio on Lake Erie and is situated in between two cities, Toledo and Cleveland. Some of Cedar Points roller coasters were home to some of the tallest roller coasters in the world at one point in time. But Cedar Point has won seven consecutive years for being the best theme park in the world; that has to count for something.

Cedar Points' website:
http://www.cedarpoint.com/

My question to you all is what theme park(s) do you visit? Have you ever been to Cedar Point? What is your favorite ride(s) and roller coaster(s) at your theme park? Do you love or hate rides and/or roller coasters? Do you ever get sick on rides and roller coasters? Where do you draw the line, for which rides and roller coasters that you won't ride?

Note: Please, provide a website with your theme park, because we may not know it.

C

crazycanadian

One of the best theme parks in the US, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Valencia, Cali. The best rides this place has are; X, Superman, and Goliath. The funny thing is, I used to be scared to death of roller coasters, but it only takes one ride to quickly change your mind. Never gotten sick on any coasters, although have seen my friends......Honestly, coasters keep getting bigger, faster, and more elaborate. The change is little by little, so I dont see a limit for myself as long as I conquer the newest.

X--http://www.sixflags.com/parks/magicmountain/Rides/x.html
Superman--http://www.sixflags.com/parks/magicmountain/Rides/superman.html
Goliath--http://www.sixflags.com/parks/magicmountain/Rides/goliath.html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Ceader Point All The Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Love Dragster

J

Jefe3223

I've been to a lot of parks for my age. I liked Cedar Point, but I was too young to remember most of it. I went to 6flags a lot. Viper & amerocan eagle are my favorite there (i like wood coasters, only). I also LOVE the haunted mansion ride at Disney World

C

CaptainMack

i love cedar point. dragster was too short, but still good. my favorite was millennium.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
yeah millennium was real good too

OP
iWhat

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I really like The Iron Dragon. I like roller coasters, but I don't do anything that goes upside down. I did once go on a ride that went upside down; I think it was Chaos, and I lost my cookies. That just reassured me that I was right about needing to follow my gut instinct.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.58 - 60 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive - 1 GB PC3200 & 1.33 Ghz 12" iBook w/ 80 GB 7200 RPM HD
I wanna go to Cedar Point so badly...but I've only been to Six Flags parks. Astroworld, SF over Texas...Georgia...Louisianna...etc. I have to admit though...I still love two coasters the most so far...and they're kinda old skool...I still like the Texas Cyclone and Greased Lightnin' here at Astroworld. Maybe I can save up a grand or two and take the family up to Cedar Point next year.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.