wireless fix in 10.5?

Reaction score
What do you guys think the chances are that apple will have the whole 10.4.10 wireless issue fixed in Leopard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
What wireless issue are you talking about? I don't have any problems with Airport on my Macbook...

OP
S
Reaction score
I think it may be a macbook pro only issue. I thought I'd seen threads about it on this forum before, its definitely all over the apple help forums. Its an issue with the wireless timing out or something and constantly hanging up on web pages. It pretty much just quits and goes out every few minutes or longer depending on who you ask. For me its about every 2 or 3 minutes that a web page will get stuck loading and I need to click the signal strength meter to rescan for networks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
That really sucks. But to be honest, I don't think anybody here can tell you whether or not Leopard will fix the problem until it actually comes out next week.

OP
S
Reaction score
Ya I know I wasnt expecting anyone to say yes or no it was more of a what do you think which probably wont be much since it sounds like no one is having this problem here lol.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Ya I know I wasnt expecting anyone to say yes or no it was more of a what do you think which probably wont be much since it sounds like no one is having this problem here lol.

I read something somewhere that there was an Airport update after the 10.4.10 update that took care of the issue. I knew many who had it with Intel Macs but for some reason my iBook G4 was doing the same thing. I rolled back to 10.4.9 and it's solid again which is strange as it's not an Intel Mac. There is a thread on Apple Discussion Group and I am sure that the last small non number airport update fixed it. I am sure it's fixed in Leopard, but like Kash said we will know more after the 26th.

Hope this helps a bit.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.