I can't open Flash 8!

Reaction score
This is the craziest thing.I have a g4 running OSX.3.9. Every time I try to open flash nothing happens. I have tried un-installing it and re-insalling it but I get the same results. The same with safari and contribute. The safari icon bounces in the dock and nothing happens. Contribute will start up but then I get a 'the application has unexpectedly quit 'message. Can someone please give me a clue as to what's going on? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Did you rename your home folder? Have you tried repairing permissions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Start up Disk Utility in the Applications/Utilities folder.
Click on the disk name.
First click on Verify Disk Permissions to see if there even is a problem.
If there is, then click on Repair Disk Permissions.

I'm not convinced this is the issue though.

Note that you might have to boot from your DVD if you can't open the above application. Then look into the menus that appear after doing that.

You could check the system logs for hints too. Open the Console app in the Utilities folder and peak at the bottom of the log.

If you search the forms you may find people have had this problem.

OP
Z
Reaction score
I tried all those things but no dice. The quest continues. Thanks for your help,though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.