image flashing and other issue with Lion

Reaction score
1. When I am playing certain 'java' games on my iMac or on Facebook. I get what looks like a flash of my desktop background image showing thru and then it's gone. These are not intense graphic games either. Stuff like solitaire etc. It sometimes happens when I am just surfing the net. It doesn't matter which browser I use, Firefox or Safari.

2. graphic rich pages cause my iMac to auto reboot. I get a message when it comes back on that some 'issue' caused the computer to restart and to ignore or send message to apple. I sent the message.

3. Constant freezing of my computer. Since the upgrade to Lion, my computer has been freezing. Although iTunes will continue to play, other programs including the clock stop.

These are the main problems I am having with Lion, so far. I am using the most recent update on an 2ghz Intel iMac. About 4 years old. It has an external drive for backup and about 32G of free space on the HD. 2G memory.

Any suggestions are welcome.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sudden rebooting and freezing are generally caused either by bad memory or a bad power supply. Sometimes a bad hard drive can also induce those symptoms. Run the Apple Hardware Test with your original install disk to see what (if anything) it comes up with.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.