free dvd burning software and stuff

Reaction score
Greetings. Well, I've got my iMac. Smitten by the feel, looks and the functionality so far. Long way to go, I know. I've managed to capture some video footage from a dv camera, edited it and so forth and have saved the project. I would now like to burn it to a DVD so that all and sundry can be bored to tears with my bumbling around on holiday.
I am not connected to the internet with the iMac, but my pc is. Can I simply download a package to my pc, copy it to dvd and stick it in my superdrive on the iMac and expect it to work? And can anyone please recommend a decent freebie, if there's such a thing. I've got guests coming next weekend and I don't want them to stay too long...heh heh heh. Cheers Mitcherooney :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
I like BurnX Free a lot. It's user-friendly, and it lets you burn CDs and DVDs quite easily.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
Mitcherooney said:
Greetings. Well, I've got my iMac. Smitten by the feel, looks and the functionality so far. Long way to go, I know. I've managed to capture some video footage from a dv camera, edited it and so forth and have saved the project. I would now like to burn it to a DVD so that all and sundry can be bored to tears with my bumbling around on holiday.
I am not connected to the internet with the iMac, but my pc is. Can I simply download a package to my pc, copy it to dvd and stick it in my superdrive on the iMac and expect it to work? And can anyone please recommend a decent freebie, if there's such a thing. I've got guests coming next weekend and I don't want them to stay too long...heh heh heh. Cheers Mitcherooney :cool:
What about iLife? iMovie and iDVD comes with every new Mac

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.