Which one to get

B

barbara30

Hi guys,

I am looking to buy an apple laptop for the first time I am currently using a dell Inspirion but find it too cumbersome for travel.

I’d really appreciate some advice one which one would be best for me. I obviously surf the net, do word processing, play a few games from time to time and use it for pictures and my ipod and that’s about it.

I would like a decent one that’s not too heavy for travel without paying way over the odds for something with all the bells and whistles that I don’t really need.

Thanks

Barbara

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Sounds like an iBook would be fine for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
How much money do you have?

OP
B

barbara30

Money really isn't an issue but i don't want to pay out for a load of stuff i'll never need or use.

OP
J

jn4jenny

barbara30 said:
Money really isn't an issue but i don't want to pay out for a load of stuff i'll never need or use.

Good attitude. Please tell us a little more about the games that you play. Are we talking solitaire and minesweeper or World of Warcraft and other graphics-intensive games?

OP
B

barbara30

Really nothing much, i don't play any of the new action stuff just things like bejeweled, solitaire and a few arcade type games and not that often really just when my mind starts to drift a bit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
12" iBook sounds like a good fit. it is light, compact, and very portable.

OP
B

barbara30

Is the 14" ibook a good option for a slightly bigger screen as i'm used too a 15" Dell.

Thanks for all your advice everyone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
yes but the 14 inch ibook is good, but may i make the suggestion of a a macbook? I think it would better suit you because it is intel now and therefore will be supported software wise for alot longer time to come.. ibook is good, but I think keeping up with latest technology is a good idea aswell.

OP
B

barbara30

I was a little put of the macbook because i couldn't see a built in Modem

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.