Darwin appz havent macos windows looking...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook White, 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 1GB RAM, 100GB HD, Mini-DVI to VGA Adapter
hi, i just installed the Darwin ports and xmms, i noticed that xmms use a XFree sofware for its graphics... and it's window looks like legacy unix sofware... i dont like it... is there a way to have darwin applications to look like or to have the macos windows aspect?

thanks in advance..

Aldo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
The X11 package that ships with OS X (or downloadable for 10.3 and earlier) uses quartzwm as a window manager which will give X11 windows a native look and feel as far as possible. However, xmms is an oddity in that it turns off the window controls altogether and opts to draw its own. Try starting an xterm and you'll see the quartzwm controls.

OP
sugar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook White, 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 1GB RAM, 100GB HD, Mini-DVI to VGA Adapter
could you please tellme in easy steps how to get installed the xmms under mac os 10.4?
last time i tried to do that, i crashed the universal compatibility of mac os...

thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
Having read your other thread, I'm wondering if it was the uninstallation method, rather than the installation method itself, that killed rosetta.

You should probably try using fink instead of Darwin Ports, as opendarwin is in the process of shutting down. It uses apt-get and dpkg to manage packages, like Debian and Ubuntu among others, so the tools are tried and tested.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.