What accessories are you planning to get for your iPad?

Reaction score
As the title says what accessories are you planning to get for your new iPad 2, or even your iPad 1 ??

I'll start off. I have bought already a medium sized backpack with padding to cash iPad or small Mac in. I also bought Targus stand, a few different styluses, a neoprene case with zipper to keep it safe, 5 in 1 camera/USB/micro sd/mini USB cable adapter.

I still need to buy an Apple wireless keyboard, screen protection (probably Invisable Shield as most of all my electronic devices are covered in them), and a case to protect the back like the one Griffin sells.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Classic 80G, iPod Touch 4th Gen 64G, iPhone 4s 64G, iPad 2 16G, MacBook Pro 13" 2.8Ghz 8G 750HD
Apart from a stylus, I will be getting a pink polyurethane cover, and a screen protector. I think I will be able to hijack the neoprene case I have for my netbook.

I'm interested in a silicone-like case but I'm not sure how it would work along with the smartcover. And I plan to do a little research and possibly getting a USB adapter.

Reaction score
Probably just a Smart Cover (depending on my money either black leather or one of the polyurethane covers). I'll be buying an AirPort Extreme (to serve my wireless needs better than the AirPort Express I have currently) but that's unrelated :p

Mostly I'm going to be focusing on apps, since this will be my first iOS device.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Probably just a Smart Cover (depending on my money either black leather or one of the polyurethane covers). I'll be buying an AirPort Extreme (to serve my wireless needs better than the AirPort Express I have currently) but that's unrelated :p

Mostly I'm going to be focusing on apps, since this will be my first iOS device.

I was gonna buy the airport extreme too... That is until I came across the NetGear N600 I got it at best buy for $129 on sale, it normally goes for 140. It has all the bells and whistles as the AE, just saves you more money to put toward goodies for the iPad 2. At least that's what am doing ;D

Reaction score
I'm not at all dissing the N600 as I've not handled it, but I've used a host of linksys, cisco, belkin and netgear routers, and I haven't found one yet that is as consistent in operation and as easy to configure and manage on my networks as my AEBS. Granted, they are pricey and I can't fault anyone at all for wanting to save a few bucks.

Everyone has their own priorities and experiences.
icon_smile_thumbup.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
I'm not at all dissing the N600 as I've not handled it, but I've used a host of linksys, cisco, belkin and netgear routers, and I haven't found one yet that is as consistent in operation and as easy to configure and manage on my networks as my AEBS. Granted, they are pricey and I can't fault anyone at all for wanting to save a few bucks.

Everyone has their own priorities and experiences.
icon_smile_thumbup.gif

Agreed. I used linksys for a long time, till I bought my first MacBook. I couldn't get to work properly. After 5 routers (all DOA) I decided to get a NetGear. Guess what, I have had that router for close to 5 years till the wifi started acting up a week or so ago. Now the N600 is working like a champ.

But you are right, we go by our experiences. And honestly the only detractor for the AEB for me was the color, my Black MacBook is constantly connected to my shiner black LCD tv, which is also connected to my black ps3. A white AEB would have been a bit of an eyesore.

Enjoy your new gadgets. ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.